add event to your calendar
Visit to ITER nuclear fusion research facility
Event Date/Time: 27 September 2012 18:00 to 30 September 2012 15:00
Event Type: Technical Visit
Industry Sector: Energy Environment & Sustainability
(Location will be provided soon)
This event is organised by the ICE and is open to IMechE members.
For the full description, please download the briefing file.
The 3 day event is confirmed from Thursday 27th evening to Sunday 30th September mid afternoon with 3 nights’ accommodation in Aix en Provence, cultural capital of the Provence region in south-east France.
The event will comprise :
- Thursday : early evening rendezvous in the conference hotel bar for registration, followed by free evening
- Friday : early start full-day conference & site visit to ITER nuclear research establishment at Cadarache
- Friday : evening gala dinner at conference hotel in Aix
- Saturday : graduate presentations at morning technical seminar in conference hotel in Aix
- Saturday : afternoon cultural excursion around the region with early evening wine tasting at a domaine
- Saturday : free evening for those who wish to do their own thing, or join an informal light meal locally in Aix
- Sunday : morning guided cultural walking tour of the historic city of Aix en Provence / Cours Mirabeau & its Place de la Rotonde / Cathedral St Sauveur with its Baptistery & Cloisters / Gothic Clocktower of the Hôtel de Ville / Fountain of the Four Dolphins / Méjanes Library / Jas de Bouffon, historic home of the painter Paul Cézanne whose legacy is synonymous with the city
- 3 group lunches / 1 group dinner / coach travel included
Contact has not been specified.