Current and Future Events
Please click the event heading for further information.
Event Type: Technical Lecture
07 April 2015 18:30 to 19:30
Engineers Ireland Headquarters
Jules Carter will talk about the GKN Gyrodrive system, technology that utilises the high speed electric flywheel system developed in Formula 1 racing to capture and re-use the energy historically lost during vehicle braking. This hybrid technology is saving bus operators 25% of their fuel bill, and is being developed by GKN for other applications including industrial vehicles, commercial vehicles, and rail.
Event Type: Technical Visit
24 April 2015 12:00 to 15:00
ONERA - MODANE
ONERA was originally created by the French government in 1946, and assigned six key missions:
* Direct and conduct aeronautical research.
* Support the commercialization of this research by national and European industry.
* Construct and operate the associated experimental facilities.
* Supply industry with high-level technical analyses and other services.
* Perform technical analyses for the government.
* Train researchers and engineers.
Page 1 of 1