Welcome to the Italy Group
We have a membership base in Italy of about 250 members and affiliates.
The Italian Branch committee was constituted on 2nd October 2010 and the first event was the Presidential visit in October 2010, with automotive visits in the Bologna region.
Past events include a trip to Maserati headquarters in Modena, Italy. The group had a guided tour of the facilities and were accompanied by the President of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, John Wood.
We have organised serveral technical events each year since then:
- SAME DEUTZ - Agricultural vehicles, (Treviglio),
- Young Members Formula Vehicles Event (Milano),
- Tenaris Dalmine - Steel Plant (Bergamo),
- A2A Waste to Energy Plant (Brescia),
- TEA Sistemi - Multiphase Flow Lab (Pisa),
- Agilent - Ultra High Vacuum Pumps (Torino),
- Volandia - Museum of Flight (Malpensa).
- Interested in joining the next group event?
- Want to know more about the Institution of Mechanical Engineers?
- Got a question about engineering in Italy?
Get in touch with your local representative!
Event Type: Technical Visit
04 May 2014 00:00 to 10 May 2014 00:00
• Developing railways in crowded cities
• Driverless metro operation
• Manufacturing and development of key components
• Manufacturing and integration of complex systems
• Maintenance of intensively used networks
• Operating and developing urban and long-distance railways in difficult terrain
Event Type: AGM
11 May 2014 10:00 to 16:00
Gorgonzola - Gorgonzola (MI)
Members of all grades in Italy are invited and encouraged to attend in person.
We shall also extend this event as a Web/Telephone conference.
Industry: Non Industry Specific
Event Type: Competition Event
12 May 2014 09:00 to 17:00
Pista Azzura - Jesolo
IMechE Italy Branch prize, on the occasion of the Go Kart race "Trofeo Augustus", will be assigned to the best organized team, with particular consideration to the organisation of the box site.