Welcome to the Italy Group
We have a membership base in Italy of about 250 members and affiliates.
The Italian Branch committee was constituted on 2nd October 2010 and the first event was the Presidential visit in October 2010, with automotive visits in the Bologna region.
Past events include a trip to Maserati headquarters in Modena, Italy. The group had a guided tour of the facilities and were accompanied by the President of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, John Wood.
We have organised serveral technical events each year since then:
- SAME DEUTZ - Agricultural vehicles, (Treviglio),
- Young Members Formula Vehicles Event (Milano),
- Tenaris Dalmine - Steel Plant (Bergamo),
- A2A Waste to Energy Plant (Brescia),
- TEA Sistemi - Multiphase Flow Lab (Pisa),
- Agilent - Ultra High Vacuum Pumps (Torino),
- Volandia - Museum of Flight (Malpensa).
- Interested in joining the next group event?
- Want to know more about the Institution of Mechanical Engineers?
- Got a question about engineering in Italy?
Get in touch with your local representative!