Welcome to the Switzerland Group
There are over 200 members based in Switzerland supported by an active Group committee which was established in 2010.
The main aims and goals of the Switzerland group are:
- Promote the status of the engineering profession within Switzerland
- Increase added value to the members based in Switzerland.
- Organise activities including technical visits, professional development workshops, networking and social events.
- Provide local support for mentoring and professional reviews.
- Promote engineering to schools and universities in order to inform, encourage and inspire the next generation.
- Forge links with other engineering institutions and learned society bodies in Switzerland.
We can only achieve these goals through the active support and participation of the membership based in Switzerland. Your involvement is appreciated.
If you are an existing member based in Switzerland, or have recently moved to Switzerland, or currently reside in Switzerland and are considering joining the Institution, we would certainly like to hear from you.
The membership in Switzerland is currently split into 20% Affiliates, 20% Associates, 52% Corporate Members and 8% Fellows.
The geographical distribution of the membership is 39% in Northern Western Switzerland (Aarau/Basel), 27% in Eastern Switzerland (Zurich/St. Gallen), 23% in Western Switzerland (Geneva, Vaud, Valais) and 11% in Central Switzerland (Bern/Lucerne).
If you are an existing member based in Switzerland, have recently moved to Switzerland or currently reside in Switzerland and are considering joining the Institution, we would most certainly like to hear from you
Visit our Flickr photostream to see photos of many of our events.