This is where you can find out about the activities and events in the Greater London Region.
The GLR's activities are co-ordinated by the main GLR Committee, a Central Events Sub-Committee, four Area Sub-Committees (North East, North West, South East and South West) and the Young Members Panel.
The GLR's strategic goals are:
1. Implement the IMechE Regional Strategy Board (RSB) Mission, as far as practicable, and address identified Regional needs.
2. Provide a balanced programme of high quality events for the advancement of mechanical engineering and to facilitate Continuing Professional Development.
3. Establish services for the support of members, promote greater involvement by members in regional and national events and actively seek new members.
4. Raise the profile of the Institution within regional and local government, industry, education and the wider community.
5. Manage allocated funds efficiently and effectively.
6. Represent the Institution locally to regional and local government, the media, the public, industry and education.
7. Co-operate and organise events with other Institutions and public bodies when this will be beneficial to the Institution, to members, engineering generally and society.
8. Encourage participation in local schools liaison and careers advice and associated joint activities with other societies.
If you are an IMechE member and are at all able to help the region in any way please contact Charles Ingram (GLR Chairman). He and the 30 strong committee of volunteers welcome all of the support, no matter how small, that you are able to offer.
Looking ahead, all events to be held in the Region will be published on this ‘Near You’ website so please keep checking! Charles Ingram