Welcome to the North West Centre of the Process Industries Division
The North West Centre represents the interests of 2000 members of the Process Industries Division in the North West of England who have a professional interest in the process and chemicals industries.
Objectives of the North West Centre
- Create an environment in which engineering knowledge can be readily shared between engineers working in the process industries of the region
- Encourage the involvement of members in the operation and decision making process of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Arrange discussions, meetings, visits and seminars that cover topics of interest and relevance to technical and professional members working within the process industries in the North West
- Act as a link between the Process Industries Division at national level and the members of the North West Centre
- Ensure that the Process Industries Board decisions and policies meet the needs of the members in the North West regions
The activities of the North West Centre are arranged for the single purpose of providing professional support to the members. It is therefore essential that members make their requirements known to the committee.
Registered members have the following benefits:
- Emailed details of each North West Centre event
- Comment on the planning of future events
- Circulate technical queries and professional queries to other members in the region
The North West Centre Chairman is Mr Noel Hensman
Please contact the Chairman or any committee member if you would like further information or would like to become involved in any activities or join our committee.
If you would like to be included on the North West Centre mailing list and hear about the Centre's programme please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Post event report: Technical tour at AMEC - 16 May 2013
An IMechE visit was conducted to the AMEC laboratories in Birchwood. This was the fifth successive year in a row and popularity has increased, attended by both members and non-members. Visitors ranged from neighbouring companies based at Birchwood to some who had travelled from as far as Sheffield. This year the tour was extended to include the Materials and Corrosion labs in AMEC Technical Services in addition to the Development Test laboratory and the large rig hall.
The main presenters from the AMEC Nuclear Engineering Development were:
- Martin Hooley, Mechanical Engineer- Engineering Development
- Kevin Mottershead, Corrosion Manager - Technical Services
- Andrew Wisbey, Principal Consultant- Technical Services
Read the full report
Current and Future Events
Please click the event heading for further information.
Looking for an event nearby? If there are no events indicated contact your local representative to exchange your ideas for forthcoming activity.