Call for Entries for Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2010
The Institution’s Manufacturing Excellence Awards are the UK’s premier manufacturing awards programme, rewarding exceptional delivery of the key factors that bring success in competitive markets. The list of previous winners reads like a veritable ‘who’s who’ of the manufacturing sector. If you want to join this elite band of British businesses and if your company is setting new standards within your sector, then now is the time to enter MX10.
In the toughest economic environment for a generation, British manufacturing has found itself under intense scrutiny. For this reason, 2010 will be perhaps the most crucial year yet for the MX Awards, as they look to feature British companies who have innovated or adapted to cope with the recession, or help improve business practice to put them in a stronger position to operate more effectively and efficiently in a fiercely competitive global market.
MX Awards 2010 is now open for entries. The awards are open to companies both big and small. Winners can enjoy the prestige of joining the exclusive band of winners, drawn from the world’s leading manufacturers.
Every company that enters receives a bespoke, customised benchmark report that rates your procedures and processes against best practice and highlights areas for development. This free, essential advice will show your company where to improve and how.
Nominees enjoy a huge PR boost through media coverage and recognition from your peers.
In the last few years a number of Scottish businesses have been recognised and rewarded for the way they have implemented and applied best practice. These include:
- Selex Galileo (Edinburgh) Product Innovation Award winner MX09
- Converteam (Glasgow) Process Innovation Award Winner MX09
- Rolls-Royce (Inchinnan) Process Award Winner MX08
Bill Sinclair, Manufacturing Manager of SELEX Galileo (Edinburgh) commented "Winning an MX Award underlines our position within the manufacturing industry. To be recognised for the first class products we produce and the flexible and highly trained staff we employ is further endorsement to all of our clients."
Entering the MX Awards is completely free, and you can apply for as many or as few awards as you wish. The awards categories for 2010 are:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Award for Customer Focus
- Autodesk Award for Product Innovation
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Award for Process Innovation
- WMG Award for Logistics and Resource Efficiency
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Award for Business Development & Change Management
- Professional Engineering Award for People Effectiveness
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Award for Best Partnership between Business and Education
- National b2b Centre Award for Integrated e-Business
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Award for Financial Management
- Arup Award for Sustainable Manufacturing
- National Skills Academy for Manufacturing Award for Manufacturing Excellence Best Small or Medium Enterprise
- BIS Manufacturing Advisory Service Award for Manufacturing Excellence Overall Winner
Once we receive your entry form, we will send you the self assessment audit, complete with advice and guidance documentation. The audit is self-explanatory but if you have any questions we have mentors on hand to guide you through the process. To find out more please visit: www.mxawards.org
If you would like any further details about taking part in MX Awards 2010, please contact Paul Terry or Hazel Morgan:
T: +44 (0)20 7304 6867
T: +44 (0) 020 7304 6859