The India Branch was established to develop a local support network for the rapidly-increasing number of Institution members in India.
Launched in 2008, the Branch was a reaction to the large established number of professionally registered engineers in India and the dedication of the local engineering community to continuing to develop their status within the Institution in India. The Branch was officially opened by Institution past President, Professor Bill Banks.
IMechE for you
With over 1300 members based in India support is provided across the country to organise a diverse programme of activities and networking events.
IMechE for business
The Institution has strong connections with a variety of businesses across India in industries such as oil and gas, automobile and manufacturing. If you are interested in joining the increasing number of companies who have Industrial Liaison Officers affiliated with the Institution please contact our Consulting Director for India, Prabal Sarma
Companies benefit from close working with the Institution's professional review committee in the UK as well as the local support and guidance required to progress the careers of its employees in their own workplaces.
IMechE for career progression
The Institution has a network of volunteers who operate throughout India, and who are based around major cities. There is also a strong network of young members based at many universities around the country.
The India Branch of the Institution aims to:
- Provide professional, experienced, local points of contact for the Institution
- Raise awareness of the engineering profession and its role in society to the wider community
- Raise the profile of the Institution to the general public
- Organise a programme of activities to engage local engineers (both members and non members) and to support their professional development
- Support the development of the Institution membership base in the country
Please also note that member subscriptions can be paid via the Branch as well as direct to the Institution.
If you would like to find out more or support activities in India please contact: IndiaChair@imechenetwork.org or find a local contact.
Paul Arora FIMechE
Chair, India Branch