The IMechE – India Branch Young Member Panel (YMP) includes the Young Members community in India. A young member, as per IMechE guidelines is any Affiliate, Associate, or Member within 10 years of professional registration. Having nearly 5000+ Young Members pan India comes with a huge network and human resource of Mechanical Engineers.
As a prestigious institution, we jointly address some of the most pressing issues in society by leveraging our Technical prowess. In tandem, we work as a strong team rather than a commercial institutional space. Such initiatives and bright minds professes team cohesion and supporting each other not only in the professional space, but having long term relations which matter.
Aims: The aim since the inception has been to foster and invigorate the Mechanical Engineering community in India. This is undertaken through the following IMechE initiatives, which: -
- Reviews issues affecting the profession
- Provides a communication channel for Young Members
- Holds training days and designs resource material for Young Members
- Liaises with other Institutions’ young members (UK and World-Wide)
- Promotes Professional Development
- Supports the regional Young Member Network
Benefits: Joining YMP can help: -
- Exposure to Opportunities offered by IMechE in India and Globally
- Support in early and experienced stages of Engineering Career
- Varied training sessions on a wide range of Technical and Techno-Commercial subjects
- Leadership opportunities and Management trainings
- Carve a path towards higher professional standards and becoming a Chartered Engineer
If there’s any way you believe we can join and grow the Mechanical Engineering community in India, please feel free to get in touch with Rohan Thapar (IMechE- India YMP Chair). He is supported by a strong Volunteer support and Fellows which include Professors, Engineering Heads, Bureaucrats, and Senior Executives from prestigious Global Engineering firms.
All initiatives in India will find a place on ‘Near You’ and our official page.